Barter Fair and Holiday Party 12/9/18
Sunday, December 9, 2018
Sunset Hill Community Association
3003 N W 66th St.
Seattle, WA 98117
FREE and open to the public.
A Sustainable Ballard tradition returns with the annual Holiday Party and Barter Fair. This event brings together the community, encourages creativity and sharing, creates friendships, and offers people a relaxing and enjoyable alternative to the more commercial holiday gift buying experience. There will be food, drinks, and music!
What could you make for the barter fair and holiday party?
Do you make jam? chocolates? pies? cheese? beer?
Do you make jewelry? or knit?
Does your pig find truffles in the forest?
Can you walk a neighbor’s dog? House sit? Baby sit?
Would you teach fiddling? or cooking?
Any of these and other things and services like them would be great to trade at the Barter Fair!
For ease of trading, items should be have a $5-10 or $15-20 value. Bigger items or services can be traded for multiples of the lower value items.
In past years, barter items have included:
- hand-crafted scarves, hats, and aprons
- home-grown or foraged produce
- home-made jams, truffles, dried fruit, granola, beer, and other delectable goodies
- holiday swags, candle holders, table toppers
- services such as yoga classes, sailboat cruises, refrigerator deep clean, massage, and more
Or go to the Facebook Events Page.