How to rent our clubhouse for your special event
Our classic, restored two-story Arts & Crafts–style clubhouse is available at reasonable rates for all kinds of events. These have included: weddings, commitment ceremonies, receptions, bat and bar mitzvahs, anniversaries, family reunions, musical and choral performances, dances, fundraisers, community events, church meetings, holiday parties, drivers education classes, writers’ workshops, art classes, puppet shows, film screenings, and more.
Located in the Ballard Neighborhood of Seattle
The clubhouse is located in a leafy residential area with free street parking. It’s close to restaurants, coffee shops, and the Sunset Hill View Park with its sweeping overlook of Puget Sound and Olympic Mountains. To be considerate of our neighbors, any live music must be non-amplified and all music must be turned off promptly at 10pm, per city ordinance.
Our association was awarded the “Best Neighborhood Community Facility Restoration—Neighborhood Matching Fund Project” by the City’s Department of Neighborhoods in 2001.
You can view the building by appointment or during a general membership event.
How to Reserve the Clubhouse
The Phinney Neighborhood Association (PNA) manages our rentals for the SHCA clubhouse.
For more information, visit their website (http://www.phinneycenter.org/rentals/):
- Room Rentals (click on Sunset Hill Community Association Clubhouse under Locations at the bottom of the right sidebar)
- Rentals: Rates and Locations (scroll down to Sunset Hill Community Association Clubhouse)
Please direct your inquiries to our rental agent at PNA by whichever of the following methods you prefer:
- Submit the Rental Inquiry Form (right sidebar)
- Telephone: 206.783.2244
- Email: email@example.com
SHCA Rental Rates
Rooms are rented on the hour, by the hour, and must include all setup and cleanup time. For more information about room rentals, call 206.783.2244.
For classes & meetings, hourly rates range from $50 to $100/hr.
For events & celebrations, hourly rates range from $125 to $175/hr.
Weekends (Sat/Sun, 4-hour minimum)
- Saturday: 8 am – 11 pm
- Sunday: 8 am – 10 pm
Weekdays (Mon-Fri) 8 am – 10 pm
Room Size & Capacity
We offer the Sunset Hill Community Association Upper Hall (1,692 sq. ft.) and Sunset Hill Community Association Lower Hall (1,173 sq. ft.).
Maximum capacity for the Upper or Lower Hall is 75 people, with up to 150 people in both halls combined.
- New hardwood floor in Upper Hall
- 16 banquet tables (rectangular 6′ and 8′)
- 120 dining/meeting chairs
- Use of large (30-100 cup) coffee makers
- Full kitchen and two restrooms on each floor
- Wheelchair-accessible elevator available upon request
- Free recycling and garbage disposal
- Off-street parking spaces for loading and unloading
- Chalkboard and projection screens
- Performance stage with professional lighting (Upper Hall)
- Concert-quality acoustical upgrades (Upper Hall)
- Mirrored “disco” ball for dances (Upper Hall)